Sri Lanka Digital TV News
Sri Lanka Telecom to launch OTT entertainment platform
Apr 21, 2016 – Sri Lanka Telecom (SLT) has announced that the company is to offer an OTT entertainment streaming service. SLT has partnered with Hungama Digital Media Entertainment and Evoke International for the launch.
News categories: Sri Lanka Telecom, Hungama, Evoke, Dileepa Wijesundera, Siddharth Roy, Lahiru Wickramasinghe, Digital TV, OTT, Sri Lanka
STB shipments to SAARC region grew 52% in 2015
Feb 4, 2016 – Set-Top-Box shipments into the SAARC region has witnessed robust year-on-year growth of 52% during 2015, according to Dataxis. In 2015, 22.3 million STBs were shipped in the SAARC region, compared to a 14 million STBs in 2014.
News categories: Dataxis, Anusha S, Bangladesh, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sri Lanka
South Asia STB shipments see phenomenal rise
Nov 4, 2015 – With the pay-TV industry in all major SAARC countries moving toward digitization, set-top boxes of all kinds from SD to HDTV and hybrid boxes are witnessing steady and robust growth, according to new research from Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Sreeja VN, Bangladesh, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sri Lanka
DTH driving HDTV boom in South Asia
Aug 25, 2015 – The HDTV segment in the SAARC region is expected to boom over the next three years, according to Dataxis. The company reports a steady increase in both HDTV subscribers and HDTV channels in the region.
News categories: Dataxis, Sreeja VN, Bangladesh, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Satellite, Smart TV, Sri Lanka
STB shipments to South Asian countries rise 20% in Q2 2015
Jul 30, 2015 – The set-top box (STB) market in major South Asian countries (Bangladesh, Nepal, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka) is witnessing steady and robust growth, as digitisation in India and other countries in the region is propelling the demand for STBs, according to Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Sreeja Vn, Bangladesh, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sri Lanka
Dish TV India receives satellite broadcasting licence for Sri Lanka
Nov 7, 2014 – According to a filing with the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), Dish TV India, through its subsidiary Dish TV Lanka, has been granted a satellite television broadcasting license by the Government of Sri Lanka.
News categories: Dish TV India, Digital TV, Regulation, Satellite, Sri Lanka
Netgem STB wins at EE and Sri Lanka Telecom
Oct 8, 2014 – With its third quarter 2014 results announcement Netgem (ISIN: FR0004154060, Reuters: ETGM.PA, Bloomberg: NTG FP) provided information on two commercial wins: at EE in the UK, and at Sri Lanka Telecom.
News categories: Netgem, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Sri Lanka, UK
Sri Lanka to complete switch to DTT by 2020
Sep 18, 2014 – Sri Lanka has announced that it is planning to completely switch to digital terrestrial television (DTT) by 2020. Sri Lanka has chosen the ISDB-T standard for its DTT broadcasting.
News categories: Keheliya Rambukwella, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Sri Lanka, Terrestrial
Sri Lanka's SupremeSAT satellite launch delayed due to weather
Nov 22, 2012 – The scheduled launch of the SupremeSAT communications satellite has been delayed by five days due to poor weather conditions. The Sri Lankan satellite is intended for direct-to-home (DTH) broadcast television services.
News categories: SupremeSAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Sri Lanka
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA