Panama Digital TV News
In Latin America 51% of cable TV subscribers are digital
Sep 12, 2014 – BB-MEDIA Business Bureau has produced indices of the rate of conversion to digital of pay TV operators in Latin America. Overall little more than half of subscribers to cable TV have a digital service.
News categories: Business Bureau, Horacio Gennari, Christian Peralta, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Cable TV, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Subscribers, Uruguay, Venezuela
Telefonica adds 494,000 pay TV subscribers in 2Q 2014
Jul 31, 2014 – Telefónica (Madrid and NYSE: TEF) has released its second quarter 2014 results. Pay TV access growth was 32% year-on-year in organic terms reaching 4.2 million subscribers at the end of June, with 494 thousand net additions.
News categories: Telefónica, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, IPTV, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Results, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers, Venezuela
Panama to launch DVB-T broadcasting in September
Jan 25, 2011 – According to Panama's Autoridad Nacional de los Servicios Públicos (ASEP), the country will begin its DVB-T implementation in September this year.
News categories: Autoridad Nacional de los Servicios Públicos, Digital TV, Panama, Terrestrial
Claro receives DTH licence for Panama
Mar 23, 2010 – Panama's Autoridad Nacional de los Servicios Públicos has granted a licence to América Móvil's Claro to launch a DTH satellite TV service in the country. The licence is for 25 years, and the service must begin within three years.
News categories: América Móvil, Autoridad Nacional de los Servicios Públicos, Digital TV, Panama, Regulation, Satellite
Sky Mexico adds 140k subscribers in 4Q09
Feb 25, 2010 – Grupo Televisa (NYSE:TV; BMV: TLEVISA CPO) has announced results for 2009. During the fourth quarter, Sky added 143 thousand subscribers of which 140 thousand were in Mexico and three thousand were in Central America and the Dominican Republic.
News categories: Grupo Televisa, Cable TV, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Panama, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Panama begins DVB-T broadcasting
Dec 10, 2009 – On December 10, 2009, Panama's state television operator, SERTV, began digital terrestrial television (DTT) broadcasting. The DVB-T service is on Channel 41 as defined by the Autoridad Nacional de los Servicios Públicos (ASEP).
News categories: SERTV, ASEP, Digital TV, Panama, Terrestrial
Cable & Wireless Panamá launches digital TV with Motorola
Nov 26, 2009 – The Home & Networks Mobility business unit of Motorola has announced that it has been selected by Cable & Wireless, a leading telecommunications companies worldwide, as a technology provider for its new Digital TV service in Panama, '+TV Digital'.
News categories: Motorola, Cable & Wireless, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Panama
Cable & Wireless Partners with Move Networks to Offer IPTV Services Globally
Sep 10, 2009 – CWI, Cable & Wireless' international telecoms business, has announced that it has signed a partnership with Move Networks paving the way for a roll-out of IP-based TV services across CWI's global operations.
News categories: Move Networks, CWI, Afghanistan, Algeria, Caribbean, Channel Islands, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Macau, Middleware, Monaco, Oceania, Panama, Seychelles
Kudelski completes transition of CA to a service model
Aug 28, 2009 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.VX) has announced its half year 2009 results. During this period, the Group started to reap the fruits of the migration of a significant share of its digital TV conditional access deployed base to the service model.
News categories: Kudelski, Advertising, Brazil, Cable TV, CAM, Canada, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Germany, IBC2019, IPTV, Mexico, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Spain, Subscribers, Terrestrial, USA, Vietnam
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA