Albania Digital TV News
ALBtelecom launches ALB TV IPTV service in Albania
Apr 14, 2014 – ALBtelecom has announced the launch of its Alb TV IPTV service in Albania. The service is available in Korçë and Pogradec, and by the summer of this year the service will cover the entire country.
News categories: ALBtelecom, Floreta Zhulali, Albania, Digital TV, IPTV
DIGITALB selects Quadrille for its Push VOD services
Apr 16, 2013 – DIGITALB has chosen Quadrille's QuadriFast™ solution to deploy Video On Demand (VOD) and Catch-Up-TV services in Albania. QuadriFast allows video content to be pushed over the satellite or terrestrial network to a set-top box to be then offered on demand to subscribers.
News categories: Quadrille, DIGITALB, Albania, Content Distribution, DVR, Satellite, Terrestrial
22 of 27 EU countries implement analogue TV switch-off by end-2012
Mar 11, 2013 – The Yearbook recently published by the European Audiovisual Observatory showed that the year 2012 was a significant watershed for digital terrestrial television in the European Union with a total of 22 EU member States having hit the recommended digital switchover deadline.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Digital TV, EU, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Market Research, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Terrestrial, Turkey
Albania's DigitAlb Pay-TV Platform Extends to 2020 its Eutelsat Satellite Capacity
Jan 6, 2011 – DigitAlb has announced that it has secured its satellite resources for digital broadcasting with Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) to June 2020. The company has extended for an extra three years its contract with Eutelsat for transponders at 16degrees East.
News categories: Eutelsat, DigitAlb, Albania, Satellite
Albania - Tring DTH starts test broadcasting
Sep 7, 2008 – Broadcasts began a few days ago on Eutelsat W2 16°E to test the new Albanian digital satellite platform Tring. The service is owned by Albanian Satellite Communications (ASC).
News categories: Albanian Satellite Communications, Albania, Digital TV, Satellite
Thomson's DVB-H Mobile TV solutions live in 11 Countries
Apr 12, 2008 – Thomson's (Euronext Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS) mobile TV solutions are now in commercial deployments in 11 of the 14 countries that already have DVB-H deployments.
News categories: Thomson, Albania, Content Distribution, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Italy, Kenya, Mobile, NABShow, Namibia, Netherlands, Nigeria, Philippines, Russia, South Africa, UAE
OSCE Presence to assist Albanian electronic media regulatory body draft national strategy
Oct 3, 2007 – The OSCE Presence in Albania will assist the National Council of Radio and Television (NCRT) in drafting an audio-visual strategy which will tackle issues such as the management of the transition from analogue to digital broadcasting.
News categories: OSCE, KKRT, Albania, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Thomson Delivers DVB-H Infrastructure for DigitALB Mobile Television
Apr 14, 2007 – DigitALB, the leading commercial media enterprise in Albania, has launched a 14 channel mobile television service based on a fully redundant Grass Valley's Mobile TV system from Thomson (Euronext Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS).
News categories: Grass Valley, DigitALB, Albania, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos